Lesbi-honest, there are many perks of being in a lesbian relationship. Here are just a few:
- The period struggle. It has been said that if you hang around (a) girl(s) for a long time, your periods start to sync up. Whether or not that is true, there is no denying that your girlfriend understands the pain, mood swing, and tampon/pad situation that happens every single time of the month. Though it might not be ideal for you both to be on your periods at the exact same time, the bright side is that you have someone who knows exactly what it feels like to put up with this. An even brighter side to this is the fact that it calls for extra loving during these days! Say hello to chocolate, romantic movies, and cuddle sessions with your partner.
- Trusty shopping buddy. Okay, so maybe this perk only applies to certain girls. However, if you think of it, the term “shopping” can apply to anything. If your girlfriend does not like shopping for clothes, she might like shopping for other items like gadgets, tools, or books. The best part about this perk is being able to have someone by your side as you complete seemingly mundane tasks.
- Feminine connection. One of the biggest complaints in a heterosexual relationship is not being able to really connect since men and women think differently sometimes. However, in a lesbian relationship, that is not really an issue. Sure, you may have issues with connecting on certain levels and about certain topics, but the good thing is that you share one thing: you are both females. So, regardless of whatever happens, you can at least connect on that basic level because you know all the pros and cons that come along with being a woman.
- Sneakiness. One of the biggest perks of being in a lesbian relationship is the fact that your partner is the same gender! Why? Because you can get away with a lot of stuff. For instance, if you are still in school and your teacher/professor separates you into groups of men and women (this is archaic and wrong on so many levels, but that is another article for another day), you are automatically in the same group as your girlfriend. Another example is dressing rooms. Can heterosexual couples say, “Is it okay if I go with her?” when wanting to go into the same dressing room? Nope! But, you two can because you are both women. Wooo!
- No pregnancy scares. Wow, how good does it feel not to have to worry about this? Think of how much money you are saving! Lesbians do not have to worry about condoms, spermicidal lube, or birth control (unless one uses birth control for other issues aside from not getting pregnant). Another bonus to this is still being able to enjoy penetration without having to worry about the “mess” that comes with male ejaculation. Cue the dildos, vibrators, and strap-ons!